Overwatch is getting competitive. Here comes the pain.


I guess this is news? If you play Overwatch, then you knew about this already, and if you don't play it, then you probably don't care. Competitive mode is great and all, but I like to think of this as an entry point to even better things to come down the road. There's no doubt that the depth of Overwatch is insane, and even the level 100 players you've all probably come across at some point, still haven't figured everything out about the game. There are so many different combinations of characters each team can have it's astounding, and the fact that each player can switch characters in the middle of a match makes for countless options for various offensive and defensive strengths. Right now, if you were to log and play Overwatch, you'd come across so many different play levels, that it could be very frustrating.
So many rage quits...so many
I'm not saying new players should be shamed, because Overwatch is possibly the most "Newb" friendly shooter I've seen. However, I think giving the extra option for competitive mode, where you'll see high level play, will only expand the game and it's culture. I'm sure we'll see defined strategies come out and specific play styles to counter and push different points of each match. All of this really depends on how it's received by the game's community. I know Blizzard had been working on balancing, but I'm sure there will rage quits galore if players feel like the game is unfair, and considering the new policy on people leaving the match early, this could get ridiculous. Now I know competitive play isn't for everyone, and I can assure you, I won't be playing it just to die over and over, however, I'm excited to see where this takes the game. Like I said, this is the start to some great things on the horizon, and I can only hope Blizzard keeps up with the standard of quality they've used so far. What do you think? What new game modes do you think they'll release moving forward? Comment your opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment