Self-Destruction of G4


I'm sure all of you by now have heard of the of the shows X-Play and Attack of the Show being cancelled on G4 TV...and if you haven't, LEARN TO READ! Just kidding.
Now I'm not one for kicking a mentally disabled horse when its down or anything, but I just couldn't resist this opportunity. For years now, I've watched G4 stab itself in the neck by having 4 hour (Yeah, you heard me, FOUR HOUR) marathons of cops and cheaters. Two shows that I wasn't aware still existed, until G4 so kindly shoved them down my throat. Other than that, they cancelled their core shows like Cheat, Arena, Happy Tree Friends, Ninja Warrior, and the ever so brilliant, Code Monkey's. It's pretty obvious, they just don't care anymore.


At first I was under the impression that they just fired everyone that worked there and one guy was manning the boards to program the never ending cycles of Cop's shows, but I was wrong. It apparently is still a fully functional studio. The fact that someone, somewhere is pouring money into this abomination on nerd culture existence makes me cringe. Even more surprising is that they still have a fully functional gaming news website. I'm sorry, but that just blows my mind. How in the world has G4 lasted this long? I can't be the only one who sees this right? You have a company, who, on one end operates the lowest level TV programming that any human being could ever conjure; and on the other runs a somewhat reputable gaming site (not anymore). That makes no sense to me.

But, let's put all that aside, because the real news here is the cancelling of X-Play and AOTS. With both shows losing their main faces, (Adam Sessler and Kevin Perria, respectively) it wasn't long before each show would come crashing down. When you have names like that, who have basically built you a reputation, a fan base, and a company; and then just go away, you don't recover from that. Each show, over the years, would become more and more repugnant; by changing it's layout, switching cast members, and just poorly edited and awkwardly sequenced programs. Finally, it's time to say our goodbyes.....and good riddance.

What does the future of G4 hold? Well, they say they're still going to put out new shows and that they're going to overhaul the whole concept. That only means one thing. Astronomical layoffs. Those poor, poor G4 employees. Either they'll realize the mass chaos they've wrought upon humanity, and die in a small puff of smoke. or they'll run this locomotive straight into the ground. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Don't forget to subscribe or join this blog if you like what you see. New content is posted all the time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment